We are nearly at the end of 2012 and wow has this year past by fast!!!
We have graduated:
15 families from Petone Central
14 families from Berhampore School
12 families from Taita College
15 families from Pomare School
17 families from Koraunui School
We will be working with:
Dyer Street School and Taita Central School in 2013.
I would like to take this opportunity to give a big mihi out to all the wonderful people involved in making our families more digitally aware.
- The Government funder's because without the pūtea, giving our families the opportunity of the Computers in Homes would not be possible
- To the 2020 Communications Trust who come up with all the brilliant ideas in ways to help our families of the Computers in Homes programme become more digitally aware
- To all the coordinators who are committed to having our families received the opportunities we can provide them with
- The Principals who recognise a great opportunity for their families and grab that opportunity with both hands
- The School CiH teams - tutor, technician, school teachers, champions and admin. Without you all, the families involved may not have seen how friendly the learning environment is
- The tamariki of the CiH parents. Your encouragement and support we hear from you all in class and at the graduations is a priceless moment for your mum, dad, nanny or koro.
- Last but not least, to the parents of the Computers in Homes Programme. Thank you for taking a stand for your children and wanting to give them the best in life. By taking the challenge of learning Digital Literacy Skills to improve not only your skills, but your children's skills in showing them "If my mum/dad can do it, then so can I".