May 1, 2012

Petone Central Last Class


We had our last night session for Petone Central tonight.  It was a great night even though we had a few technical glitches in the system.  It has been a privilege to work with the whanau of Petone Central and it is quite sad knowing I won't be seeing them all on a regular basis.
Below are the comments the participants wrote when asked "What benefits & experiences have you gained through participating in the Petone Central Computers In Homes Programme and what do you now see possible?".


At the beginning I was worried.  But I saw everyone were like bees in a honey bud.  I was struggling, but the tutor was great. – Whastar Melford

I thought I know everything about computers.  “Free Computer lol!!!”. I was sold.  Then I came to class and learnt things I couldn’t have learnt by myself.  I loved learning about how to be internet safe, keeping track of internet sites and usage.  “Briar Kopa” you rock girl J. – Briar Mita

Just to be able to do simple little tasks on the computer has been a huger help for my children and I. – Renee Keepa

I have 2 boys at Petone and when I heard about the course I jumped at the chance and am glad I did.  I love it and learnt many helpful things. – Deanna Thompson

Just being taught a few simple tasked eg. How to scan my computers, has been a great thing to have been taught.  As I will now start doing it on my new computer. – Candice Warren

I was putt off by the 2hour sessions, thinking they were going to be hard, long, drag on and full of big complicated computer words.  But the first session and the ones to follow were the total opposite. – Melissa Watene

This programme made me realize that it doesn’t matter how old you are, your never to old to learn something new. – Moe Galuefa

I feel happy I’m leaving with enough knowledge to share with my family. – Kelly Jackson
Briar you’re the bomb, understanding, easy to talk to and so patient.  You made class fun to come to and that’s important for me. – Sharma

I was a pleasure coming to Computers In Homes Programme as Briar was a great tutor.  Very friendly and knowledgeable.  Having a computer at home will help my sons education. – Ian Christiansen

Being half a century of age, I didn’t think I could get this far. – Kim Jackson

1st don’t bring my moko (age 6).  He is a know it all unlike me.  I thought I was… Not!!! Lol – Jackie Okeroa

No comments:

Post a Comment